It was declared at the finish of 2022 that Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith would close on February 20, 2023 for an extended refurbishment. In the conclude, supporters truly acquired an excess working day to journey this coaster as it basically shut on February 21.

Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster is at present established to reopen at some level this summertime. With news of this extended refurbishment on the formal Walt Disney Earth web-site, this in a natural way bought Disney followers speculating even further about no matter whether the basic Aerosmith concept will be changed with a new one particular.
Image: DisneyMany Disney enthusiasts have been calling for a major overhaul for Disney’s Hollywood Studios model of Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster for a extended time but so significantly nothing has been verified by Disney. According to Screamscape, IP contracts are commonly based mostly on a 10 12 months period of time so if it was initially signed in 1998/1999 and renewed in 2008/2009 then we assume it will not be up for renewal till 2028 at the earliest, meaning that an overhaul right until then is not likely but not difficult.

At the starting of January it arrived to gentle that thanks to allegations that have been made against Steven Tyler of Aerosmith that phrases from the initial agreement which we assumed would operate up until eventually 2028 could be lifted early and Disney could exit this without penalty. We also suppose that if the allegations are demonstrated then Disney will not want Aerosmith represented in their parks and then an overhaul would be imminent. 
Impression: DisneyWith Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster now shut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for its extended refurbishment, we will keep on to update you on even further aspects concerning what is currently being carried out on this iconic attraction as shortly as it gets to be offered. We believe it would make sense for Disney to severely look at rebranding Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster in the light of the existing allegations as effectively as the theme now staying considerably outdated. If and when this will come about however remains to be observed. We suppose if a rebranding is in fact remaining planned for the duration of this refurbishment then the attraction would be shut for a good deal longer than initially projected.

We have taken a nearer look at what the selections are in our short article, What’s Upcoming For Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster? 4 Opportunity Selections For The Disney’s Hollywood Studios Attraction.

We noticed the rethemed Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster open up at Disneyland Paris in July 2022 as element of Avengers Campus. Visitors now jet off on a planet preserving adventure with Iron Gentleman and Captain Marvel in Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster AVENGERS ASSEMBLE: FLIGHT Power.
Graphic: DisneyOver the final number of years, a lot of Disney lovers have referred to as for an update to this relatively out-of-date IP for Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and it remains to be noticed what determination Disney will make regarding this. All we do know is that Aerosmith can not go on permanently and it is enjoyable to imagine of what could be a replacement.

There have plainly been signs of age on Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster with closures in April 2022 and it arrived as no surprise when Disney built the announcement of this prolonged closure to tackle the challenges this attraction carries on to expertise.

We questioned you your thoughts on whether Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster should really be rebranded. Well, it may well come as a shock to quite a few of you that the latest results present an pretty much obvious break up, 53% say Yes absolutely, time for a thing new and the other 47% say No, preserve the vintage Aerosmith theming. Now, we were being surely anticipating much more of the vote to urge in direction of the rebrand facet of this discussion primarily in light-weight of the ongoing controversy surrounding the band but it looks like a excellent proportion of Disney admirers are remaining faithful to this vintage attraction and want it to continue being as it is.

We would even now enjoy to listen to your suggestions, do you believe Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster should really be rebranded? We will continue to keep you posted of further more specifics relating to this refurbishment as very well as rumors of achievable themes to substitute Aerosmith in the foreseeable future. Permit us know your thoughts by voting in our poll or by leaving us a comment underneath or on our Fb site.

Driven by Poll Maker

Examine Far more