It was announced at the conclusion of 2022 that Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith would near on February 20, 2023 for an prolonged refurbishment. In the stop, lovers basically bought an extra day to experience this coaster as it truly shut on February 21.

Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster is established to reopen this summer months and it has now gentle opened at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. An official reopening date has not but been declared but we are anticipating this to occur very quickly.
Image: DisneyWith news of this extended refurbishment on the official Walt Disney Earth website, this the natural way received Disney enthusiasts speculating additional about whether or not the typical Aerosmith concept will be changed with a new one particular.

A lot of Disney fans have been contacting for a main overhaul for Disney’s Hollywood Studios variation of Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster for a prolonged time but so significantly nothing has been verified by Disney. According to Screamscape, IP contracts are commonly dependent on a 10 12 months interval so if it was initially signed in 1998/1999 and renewed in 2008/2009 then we believe it will not be up for renewal right until 2028 at the earliest, meaning that an overhaul right until then is not likely but not impossible.

At the beginning of January it came to light-weight that because of to allegations that have been created against Steven Tyler of Aerosmith that phrases from the first deal which we assumed would operate up right until 2028 could be lifted early and Disney could exit this with out penalty. We also believe that if the allegations are demonstrated then Disney will not want Aerosmith represented in their parks and then an overhaul would be imminent. 
Image: DisneyThere have evidently been indicators of age on Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster with closures in April 2022 and it therefore arrived as no surprise when Disney made the announcement of this extended closure to handle the difficulties this attraction ongoing to working experience.

We suppose this prolonged refurbishment was to do function on the ride system which was substantially wanted and a rebranding will be planned for a later date. We feel it would make feeling for Disney to severely think about rebranding Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster in the gentle of the recent allegations as properly as the theme now staying somewhat out-of-date. 

We have taken a closer seem at what the options are in our write-up, What’s Subsequent For Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster? 4 Probable Choices For The Disney’s Hollywood Studios Attraction.

We observed the rethemed Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster open up at Disneyland Paris in July 2022 as component of Avengers Campus. Attendees now jet off on a planet saving experience with Iron Male and Captain Marvel in Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster AVENGERS ASSEMBLE: FLIGHT Power.
Impression: DisneyAs we by now talked about, above the final few years, many Disney enthusiasts have referred to as for an update to this fairly outdated IP for Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and it continues to be to be witnessed what choice Disney will make with regards to this. All we do know is that Aerosmith are unable to go on eternally and it is enjoyable to feel of what could be a substitution.

We asked you your views on whether Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster should be rebranded. Perfectly, it may well arrive as a shock to numerous of you that the current outcomes display an practically very clear split, 53% say Yes absolutely, time for something new and the other 47% say No, hold the traditional Aerosmith theming. Now, we had been unquestionably anticipating much more of the vote to urge toward the rebrand facet of this discussion specifically in mild of the ongoing controversy bordering the band but it appears to be like a superior proportion of Disney lovers are remaining loyal to this classic attraction and want it to continue being as it is.

We would even now love to listen to your thoughts, do you imagine Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster ought to be rebranded? We will preserve you posted of even further details concerning this refurbishment as effectively as rumors of possible themes to change Aerosmith in the future. Allow us know your views by voting in our poll or by leaving us a comment under or on our Fb site.

Powered by Poll Maker

Study Additional